ECB Guidelines – Return to Cricket
As you will be probably aware the ECB released guidelines yesterday regarding the use of cricket facilities during the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
In summary the guidelines are below;
1. You can exercise outdoors on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times. You must only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
2. Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
3. Only one-to-one coaching is permitted per session.
4. Nets should be used on an ‘every other’ basis, leaving one net free between nets.
5. Clubhouses can be reopened in a limited way for operational reasons (e.g. for access to first aid equipment) or for toilet access (see below) but all communal areas including bar, changing rooms etc are to remain closed for general use.
6. Toilet facilities can be opened if the venue wishes, but particular care should be taken by those using them and those cleaning them. Where they are open, venues must ensure soap and water is provided.
7. No indoor activity at all.
8. We recommend using your own equipment if possible. If equipment is being shared, please follow UK Government’s guidance on the sharing of equipment.
9. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
10. Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible.
Further full details can be accessed via means of the link below;
If any club member wishes to use the club’s outdoor net facility at the current time this should be booked by contacting Scott Cooper (07929-502012), Adam Mortimer (07791-326819) or Ivan Spibey (07711-139711).
STCC club members should be aware of the following in addition to the ECB guidelines;
- Net sessions will be for a maximum of 1.5 hours in total for two participants.
- The net facility is for use of Syston Town CC members only.
- Use of the outdoor net facility will be available to club members as from Tuesday 19th May 2020 following the completion of the club walkathon event.
- At the current time the club bowling machine should not be used in order to safeguard club members, and the constant hygiene/cleaning requirements when using such equipment as per ECB guidelines. The use of the bowling machine is not practical at this particular time.
- The club ground and facilities will be subject to spot checks by management committee members in order that the strict guidelines are being followed and also that the booking system is being adhered to.
- The club pavilion will not be open for member’s use at the current time.
No other member related activity at the club ground will be permitted currently except for the club walkathon which concludes on Monday 18th May 2020.
The above rules will be subject to change as per Government and ECB guidance, and when there are changes this will be announced to club members.
If you have any further questions please give me a call.
Take care and above all stay safe.
Syston Town CC